Monday 28 April 2008

Bring Me a Farting Panda!

We over here in Europe are a bit slow sometimes.

It's not our fault though, I blame the Media. I get through tons of web pages a day which comes with my job, but most people probably haven't heard or seen the Panda fart, and no I am not talking about the real animal here.

Let's take a step back to this year's Supernatural Convention in LA, attended by both Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles. During the breakfast get-together (which did not involve anyone having real breakfast I believe) Jensen mentioned the clip he'd seen on TV advocating the accessibility of my favourite media: Youtube.

Jensen on stage impishly claps his hands and quotes the clip "Youtube! Bring me a farting Panda!" - I'd like to see the stats on how many people googled for it afterwards. The clip Jensen had seen must have been the Comedy Central comedy with the guy I only know as the Spencenator from Kings of Queens.

Not knowing any of this, I stumbled across a Korean version of a farting Panda in response to aforementioned googeling youtube (clapping wouldn't work for some reason, I must complain to Oswalt) and this clip, since it was uploaded last year, had 55,710 hits and probably still counting. Not bad for an endangered species with wind.

For those who have no idea what I am talking about, I bring you: The Farting Panda! Enjoy!


While I have your attention, why not draw it quickly, before it goes of like expired milk, to a more important global disaster than bamboo farts. I am talking about extinction. No one likes to be extinct, not even a Giant Panda, fart or no fart.

So maybe you can do your bit to help this awesome (yes I said awesome!) creature make it through the next few centuries in one big piece without having to be cloned in a lab, which apparently isn't actually working that well with Pandas.

So what can you do?

Here a few things you could do (which does not include buying a Fiat Panda I'm afraid):
So, while Global Warming has all the current Media attention, a problem which has actually been around for decades (the warming, not the Media), but ignored by many and left to the Hippies of its time, animal extinction along with animal cruelty is also a major flaw of humanity and almost cancels out all our great inventions and achievements.

Why wait until its gone until we realize what we had. We don't want a TV show to be cancelled before its time, we should also do our best to keep the Pandas farting. As Dean would probably say "They are freaking worth it".


-posted by Nana-

No comments:

Post a Comment