Sunday 11 May 2008

Asylum - Day Three (11.05.08)

They felt the love of 1200 people.

The 3rd day started of bad as I had missed the fact that Steve and Jason were performing live on Saturday night and since I was commuting to the event I wasn't around to see them.
Apparently the sound was really bad though and no one could understand what they were saying between the songs.

Wow, well, were to begin. Well, autographs session turned out to be a real pain for the actors and it was like factory work it seemed. Would have been easier to put the fans on conveyor belts and have them slowly swoosh past. My friend V was the last to get an autograph signed by Travis, the new hero of the crowd, and he looked so exhausted, I felt bad when I had to take one last photo of him and V for her, but, this can be said that he tried to keep his game face on right up to the very last minute.

But well before this, AJ and Travis had a Q&A session together and not only did they spoil us with their great slo-mo walk, but also some cool lines from Ghostfacers. So what's the deal with those webisode? Are they really going to happen CW? What are your plans, hm?


Also a precious moment: This little girl had a question and AJ & Travis invited her to come to the stage and she became part of the show; it reminded me a little bit of Sesame Street - anyone else thought that?

The rest of the afternoon was really just filled with the autograph hunt and I decided to get at least a couple since I had not much else to do - I got Steve Carlson and Jason Manns (also bought a CD which is fantastic stuff!) and even got AJ's who said he was feeling fantastic, a bit like an insane and broken record, especially funny because I don't remember having asked him how he was. I said " I bet you do" and smiled.

I must say, up close all these guys are just normal guys. I never felt intimidated or weak round the knees and since they are sort of my age it just feels like I could have been to school with them at some point in a very weird and twisted universe.

A memorable moment, for which I took no pictures (yet many others have and the pictures will surely be popping up on the net over the next few days) was the closing ceremony. It felt like the actors were saying goodbye after they had finished their first successful play in front of an eager British and very thankfull audience.

I am still somewhat happy that the 2 J's weren't there, the whole event had such a cosy comfy feeling to it. At one point Katie and Laura stood next to me at the door of the Q&A room and I didn't realise it at first...everything got to a certain point where everything was just normal.
Then suddenly AJ talked to my friend V as we passed them in the corridor and it again just felt normal, and later, when another new friend I made had a chat with Jason and Steve I just sat there, again taking it all in.

Oh, and big Kudos to Jim. He stayed behind in the Lobby still signing autographs and talking to some hardcore fans while AJ & Travis (with girlfriend?) were hiding behind the bar getting their well deserved drinks.

I hope those fans let you go eventually, you are such a nice guy. Hope you have some great remaining holidays in the UK and get to see lots of cool things. Don't forget to blog about it.

And in case anyone needs to know: There will be another convention next year.

I now need to rest my weary head and tomorrow I am off to Birmingham again, to see Jason Manns, Steve Carlson and the Life of Riley live at the Opal Lounge; I'll have to post something about that then, won't I.


-posted by Nana (near death)-

No comments:

Post a Comment